Univesity of Northern California Science and Technlogy Center Incubated Startups (Class of 2008)…
1. Osseon – Deflecting tip needle catheter and bone cement for treating spine disorders.
2. Sapheon Medical – Super glue and micro catheter injector for treating varicose veins.
3. TissueGen – Electrical stimulation acupuncture and stem cells for treating joint pain and arthritis.
Leonhardt’s Launchpad’s at UNC STIC Incubated Startups (Class of 2015)
1. Valvublator – catheter device to allow patients to keep their own heart valves instead of getting and implant.
2. AortaCell – Non-invasive wireless energy for repairing aortic aneurysms.
3. CerebraCell – Microcurrent for treating brain trauma and for stroke recovery.
4. EyeCell – Microcurrent for treating macular degeneration and other eye disorders.
Note – All of these Leonhardt’s Launchpads incubated startups are scheduled to be auctioned off to the highest bidder on May 11th, 2018 in a formal dutch auction already scheduled. The team is gathering as many patents, as much data and as much revenues and profits as they can to increase the potential bid price by this date.
Right now in late 2014 and early 2015 the Leonhardt Launchpad’s @ UNC STIC startups are preparing to apply to present their launch year data and progress at the 2015 NorthBay Innovation Summit hosted by SoCoNexus. Howard Leonhardt served as a Healthcare Startups Panel Judge at this year’s 2014 event (see below).